28 Jul, 2010
An Extra Helping, just for you
SOME people might call what I’m doing an e-newsletter, or heaven forbid … <COMMENCE JARGON> an e-blast. </END JARGON>
I’m calling this little venture an Extra Helping, because that’s what it is. Extra stuff! Fortified with freshness! This content will not be archived here on the site or anywhere else online.
Many of you currently receive Fishbowl posts by email. This is not that.
I’m still ironing out the kinks figuring out how to use the mail program, but that doesn’t mean you can’t sign up RIGHT NOW. You might get a little something if you do!
The kind folks at Ten Thousand Villages are giving a $50.00 gift certificate to one lucky subscriber. (!)
Please note: the gift certificate is only valid in Canadian stores. This means that the giveaway part is only open to Canadians. Non-Canadians, however, are welcome to subscribe to the newsletter regardless. :)
Here’s what you need to do:
1) Leave a comment below, telling me: (a) what kind of content you’d like to see in the not-a-newsletter and (b) what you’d spend your money on if you won the gift certificate. Ten Thousand Villages HQ has an online store at www.tenthousandvillages.ca. Only about 20% of their inventory is online but it will give you a good idea about what’s there. There is a TON more stuff in stores. The Richmond Road location in Ottawa is the one closest to me, and it is chock full of really beautiful and interesting things, all of which are handmade by artisans across the world and support the principals of fair trade. This is the foundation upon which Ten Thousand Villages is built. They are good people.
Do good; feel good… that’s what I say!
There is a full listing of the stores in Canada (in case you want to check to see if there is a store near you) and many of the local stores are on Facebook and Twitter as well. It’s a great way of keeping up with what’s new.
You need to leave a comment and sign up for the Extra Helping to qualify for this giveaway. That’s it!
I will do a draw using Random.org at noon (EST) on August 11, 2010. The winner will be contacted by email and will need to provide their mailing address. Please make sure you provide a valid email address so I can contact you quickly!
If the winner is not from Canada I’ll have to do another draw. (This has happened, which is why I am mentioning it.)
Anyway, over to you! Good luck!
- >Extending Extra Helping signup & giveaway I'm rushing around like a crazed chicken trying to prep...
- >A thank you and a wee giveaway There's been an important update! See update below! Judging by...
- >A Mother’s Day Giveaway from Ten Thousand Villages Mother's Day is Sunday May 10th! Moms: Do you know...
- >Ottawa giveaway alert! Get stuff and feel good doing it with Ten Thousand Villages This giveaway is hosted by Fishbowl Patron, Ten Thousand Villages....