I’m currently working on a piece about Ottawa’s best playgrounds. I have a couple of them in mind already, but am wondering what your favourites are, and why?
Things to think about:
- the environs - i.e. close to nature? On a bike trail?
- the play structure and its “fun rating.” Is there something outstandingly awesome about your playground? Dovercourt, for example, has an Infinity Climber. My kids love that thing, although I always watch them with my heart in my thoat and my legs twitching and ready to run and catch them if I see them about to fall. I’m going to have a heart attack one day.
(BTW, I am secretly wondering if any area parks have a roundabout. Do they even make those anymore or have they vanished?)
- proximity to snacks / facilities
- what else is cool about your favourite playground? i.e. I love the fact there are charcoal BBQs at Andrew Hayden. We’ve never actually done it but I’ve always wanted to invite friends/kids for a big playdate & cookout.
Suggestions would be welcome! Over to you…Â
Edited to add: Thanks for your help everyone! The final park piece is now online!
- >Looking back on Saturday While we were at my mother's place we took a...
- >A walkabout at Andrew Haydon Park I am determined to return to Andrew Haydon Park (map...
- >Friday November 12, 2010 Friday was a teeny bit hectic. I didn't have a...
- >The things we do in the name of science Emma has a project to do. Her class has been...