28 Apr, 2010
Giveaway alert: The greatest of goods from 3 Little Monkeys
Posted by andrea tomkins in: Giveaways and product reviews
You poor readers never know what you’re going to get when you come here. Is it going to be a recipe? A rant? A photo? Neighbourhood events? News you can use? A craft? I’m sorry for my overall lack of focus… but I’m also not sorry at all. What you see here is exactly what is going on in my head. :)
No rants today! It’s giveaway day. I fully intended to post this yesterday but I was flying all around town and had no energy left to tap this all out.
First, please allow me to direct your attention to our host. Let’s raise our coffee cups to the kind folks at 3 Little Monkeys. They are a local Ottawa children’s store in Old Ottawa South. I haven’t been to the store yet (although I know that some of you have!) but I love them already.
Before I continue, allow me briefly interrupt our regularly scheduled programming for a wee sidebar:
Support your local independent toy stores! They are staffed by thoughtful and knowledgeable people who love what they’re doing. Like many indie stories they are taking a huge risk by going up against the big-box toy stores, the WalMarts and the Costcos of this world. But that’s how much they believe in their products; toys which have been lovingly selected for their design and high quality. These people know their toys, and love their love toys, and they love kids.
End of sidebar. :)
As per my previous post, 3 Little Monkeys sent us a huge box of lovely things for our family to enjoy. I’m going to post pics of a few favourites and then I will outline the details the giveaway. (Note: the following items are not part of the giveaway. I’m showing them here to give you an idea of the kind of treasures you can find at 3 Little Monkeys.)
Felted Elephant purse from Én Gry & Sif. I’m not sure if the gals from 3LM read my mind, but I adore Én Gry & Sif. They’re a Danish brand. Everything they seem to make just screams PICK ME UP and I AM ADORABLE. They make wallets too. And blankets. *swoon*
Stockmar Beeswax Modeling kit - how neat! It really is beeswax:
Lyra pencil crayons - pretty and durable. Isn’t this what pencil crayons are supposed to look like?:
Woolpets owl felting kit (eep!):
Djeco art kit (the same brand I wrote about here). The girls have been diligently working on these ever since the package arrived. Emma even brought hers to school to work on during her free time:
Wooden letters. Sarah saw these and yelled HOW DID THEY KNOW MY FAVOURITE COLOURS! I’m not sure why I like these so much - I’ve never seen ones this unique. Maybe it’s the font. Or the fact they’re so light and spindly (encyclopedia is our own btw!):
Emma also received something personalized… a bunting (below) and this pretty felt birthday crown (Sarah got one in blue and green). The stitching is top notch:
I wish I can remember the name of this brand. I think it’s Grimm’s. It’s a German design. The girls tore the tag off of this thing faster than I could say HOLDONASECONDINEEDTHAT. It is a nesting toy. It is art. It is displayed on our mantel and everytime I look at it I think about camping and go to my happy place.
Anyway, yes, those are the kind of toys that you can find at 3 Little Monkeys. Are they gorgeous or what.
And lucky you, they also gave me a whole bunch of baby things to share with a lucky reader.
The first giveaway (which would be of interest to young parents, mothers-to-be, grandmothers, friends of the pregnant etc.) is for this bundle (click through the photo if you would like to see what is included):
The package also includes this baby blanket:
And this adorable lamb’s ear hat (teddy bear and daughter are for photo purposes only and are not included in the giveaway!)
AND that’s not all.
Giveaway part deux is a $100 gift card to 3 Little Monkeys. Just think of all the fun you can have with this.
- This giveaway is for Ottawa residents only, because if you win you’ll need to pick up your winnings at my place. ;)
- To qualify, please (a) leave a comment below (b) make sure you leave a valid email (c) tell me about a favourite toy you had as a kid. (I like to keep it interesting!)
- I’ll do a random draw of qualifying comments at 3:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday May 5, 2010. I’ll be using random.org to draw the winning names.
- One entry per family please!
- I will announce the winners here and via email. If you are not from the Ottawa area and can’t pick up your prize, or I don’t hear back in 36 hours, I’ll have no choice but to draw another name.
- I have to admit, I’m not really sure what to do if someone enters to win the gift card and wins the baby package instead - and has no babies anywhere on the horizon. Anyway, if this happens, please consider not accepting the prize and letting me draw another name. It would be your good deed of the day and would amount to a lot of good karma.
- Spreading the word via your blog (if you have one) or through Twitter (if you’re connected) is also good karma.
- FYI (and this is not compulsory) if you are on Facebook I recommend you check out 3 Little Monkeys Facebook page for info and special deals.
THERE IT IS. Phew. That was long. Over to you!
- >Ottawa giveaway alert: a creative cure for March Break madness This giveaway is hosted by Fishbowl patron, Tag Along Toys....
- >Giveaway alert: TWO Pure baby slings from Sakura Bloom First of all, let me say that I am very...
- >Ottawa Giveaway alert: Date Night and a gift from SewnNatural I came across local crafter Jennifer C. awhile back during...
- >Giveaway alert: give the gift of great play from Tag Along Toys Toys are important. Scratch that, GREAT toys are important. There...