11 Feb, 2007
Monday Show and Tell: it’s possible to have fun in the winter, and here’s proof
We have something a little different for Show and Tell this week because I didn’t have time to set something up with the kiddies. But here, Mark made a video!Â And it’s um, kinda about the kids, so I say it’s okay. :)
On Saturday we went sledding at the Experimental Farm andÂ checked out some Winterlude festivities at Dow’s Lake. You will see Ice Hogs, Beaver Tails, bed pushers and lots of white stuff. (Whoa, thatÂ all sounded pretty dirty, didn’t it?)Â
Crank up the audio, but trust me when I say you will never get that song out of your head.
large, good quality, streaming Quicktime movie here , or [removed because of bandwidth issues] the easy-to-view but kinda-dark-and-blurry-not-so-great-quality-version we uploadedÂ to YouTube here.
ETA: You might be wondering why the girls are wearing helmets. This is the first time we enforced it on a toboggan hill. This hill is really steep in parts, and there are trees everywhere andÂ for some reason the City puts plastic-wrapped hay bales in front of each one. It must be to protect the tree, because the hay is practically rock hard. In fact, one kid got hurt while we were there. The scene of the accident? A hay-fronted tree. The paramedics had to slide down the hill with a stretcher.
* your little Show n’ Teller is more than welcome to particpate in Monday Show and Tell.Â Read more about it in our past installments.
- >Monday Show and Tell: now all we need is a partridge I was going to get this online earlier but...
- >Branching off to chat about urban arboriculture A long time ago, say, forty or fifty years ago,...
- >The Mom Show comes to Ottawa Â A few weeks ago I was contacted by someone...
- >The West-end Urban Tree Challenge After the whole saga with our tree the other day...