07 Mar, 2013
Things to eat if you’re craving sugar after a meal
Posted by andrea tomkins in: Recipes and Food
I’ve been walking around the house feeling gross and bloated lately, but then I stepped on the scale for a reality check. Surprise! It was apparently all in my head because it was more or less business as usual down there. EVEN SO, I haven’t been able to shake that feeling. And because of that winter jiggle I’m slowly pulling away from comfort foods of winter, and especially sweets after lunch … which I’ve been reaching for a little more often than usual. Here are a few things I’m trying to munch on instead.
- Fruit (This is a biggie for me. For some reason I am not motivated to grab an apple even though I like apples just fine. Weird.)
- Strawberries dipped in yogurt (and frozen) are pretty good too. See?
- … and so are frozen grapes and banana bites (kinda like these but I’d recommend using less chocolate!)
- A handful of apricots or other dried fruit/nut combo
- Herbal tea (one that’s naturally a little sweeter - David’s Tea is good for this.)
- Sugar-free gum
- Swiss Naturals Chocolate Fudge Brownie calcium/vitamin D chews (YES. REALLY.)
- A small square of really good chocolate (Camino is my fave.)
- A homemade hot chocolate and/or hot vanilla
And when all else fails, I brush my teeth. It works every time.
- >Winter arrives, along with a revised meatloaf meal plan Personally, I think the snow should hold off until December...
- >Potted plant pudding We had a little friend over for dinner the other...
- >A bit about sweetness Mary recently asked a question that has rarely been asked...
- >The most chocolatey hot chocolate recipe - for chocolate lovers only I don't buy powdered hot chocolate mix anymore. Why? I...