11 Dec, 2012
12/12/12 - the Ultimate Hourlyphoto Challenge
Posted by andrea tomkins in: Challenge me, challenge you
Since tomorrow will be the 12th day of the 12th month of 2012, Annie asked me if I was going to be undertaking another photo challenge. How could I not?
The date: December 12, 2012
The deal: Take one photo every hour, on the hour, for TWELVE hours. The photo should be of whatever you happen to be doing at that time.
This one is a real challenge. How exactly does one get 12 photos over 12 hours, when it’s dark in the morning and gets dark so early? What the heck am I going to take pictures of? The laundry? My computer? It’s going to be tough, but I’m up for it. (Prepare for lots of photos of the dog! But nevermind that.)
The point of the hourly photo is to commemorate the passing of a day in a different way - boring or not. And given that we live in the Social Media Age, it is kind of cool to see what others are seeing and doing at the exact same time as you are.
If you’d like to play along, here is the nitty gritty from previous Hourlyphoto posts.
- Use whatever camera or mobile device you prefer. Post them to your blog and/or your photo sharing site as you are able. Just make sure you let us know in the comments below where you’re posting them so we can all have a look. Tag them “#121212” #12photos so they’re easy to find.
- Would you like to make it extra challenging for yourself? DON’T DO RETAKES. This is not mandatory but I thought I’d throw it out there in case you’re the kind of person who REALLY likes a challenge. :)
Here’s a tip if you have a mobile phone or alarm clock on your watch. Set it for one minute before the hour i.e. at 7:59, 8:59 etc. You’ll be less likely to forget, and it will give you a solid minute to get your camera ready and snap The Thing You Happened To Be Looking At and tweet it out.
It’s not a problem if you can’t upload as you go or aren’t on Twitter. Upload in batches when you have the chance, or even the next day.
Who’s in? I’ll keep the list of participants and their respective Flickrs/blogs/Twitter accounts updated here for reference. Just let me know where you’ll be uploading your pics and I’ll make the link.
- angela (@angfromthedock)
- Harriet F
- The Life of K
- Louise G
- I’ll add all the others when I can! If you’re blogging your photos, let me know the exact URL in the comments. Let me know if I’ve forgotten to add you. Thanks!
- >Hourly Photo Challenge: December 25, 2011 The Hourly Photo Challenge is just that. You, me, and...
- >Hourly Photo: The Easter Sunday edition Once again, that troublemaker Lara asked me whether I was...
- >Hourly photo strikes again! What will your Monday look like? #10photos I think I started something. For the past few years...
- >Commemorating 10-10-10 … in 10 photos Last year around this time I hosted an hourly photo...