06 Nov, 2012
Ottawa Giveaway alert: Drop the Worry Ball
Edited to add: Thanks for your entries! We have winners! For those who did not win tickets, note that the JCC is selling them at the front desk for only $10 each!
I have a really neat little giveaway for you from Fishbowl patron, the SJCC.
What happens when you combine children who expect the best of everything with parents who believe failure is not an option? You get parenting in the age of entitlement, an era of meddlesome managers rather than sympathetic advocates for confident kids.
Dr. Alex Russell offers a fresh perspective on raising self-motivated children ready to take on the world. In this special author-talk, Dr. Russell will discuss how to:
- Understand parent-child dynamics
- Resist the pressure to over-parent
- Help kids worry for themselves
- Build effective relationships with outside authorities
- Manage ADHD, anxiety and other special needs
- Embrace failing as learning, not parental incompetence
This event is hosted by the Soloway JCC Family Life Center program in partnership with the Ottawa Jewish Community School. It will be taking place on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm at the Soloway JCC.
The Family Life Centre supports families with young children through parenting education and discussion groups as well as interactive classes for parents/caregivers and their children. The Family Life Centre provides a friendly place where families can play and learn together.
This giveaway is for a free pair of tickets to the event described above. AND two runners up will each receive a copy of Dr. Russell’s book, “Drop the Worry Ball: How to Parent in the Age of Entitlement”
- Leave a comment below. If you’re keen, I’d love to hear what parenting topic YOU are interested in hearing more about. One entry per family please.
- This giveaway is void in Quebec, sorry.
- If you can’t post your comment for whatever reason you can email it to me for posting at andrea at quietfish dot com. Please note, I cannot be responsible if your entry is misdirected or gets stuck in my Spam folder!
That’s it! Entries must be in by noon on November 13 2012, at which point I’ll do a random draw from all qualifying entries. The winners will be contacted by email, so make sure you leave a valid address.
Thank you SJCC, for being such great members of the community… and helping us become better parents too!
- >Ottawa Giveaway alert: Summertime family fun (and fitness)! We have a winner! - Yipee! This giveaway is brought...
- >Ottawa Giveaway Alert: this one is for a fun family outing Regular readers already know how important I believe the arts...
- >Ottawa giveaway alert! Let’s cut to the chase, it’s CANDY Fishbowl patron The Candy Store is sponsoring this giveaway. Katie B,...
- >Ottawa Giveaway alert: four Sens tickets for “Kids’ Opening Night” ETA: We have a winner! Thanks for your entries! Did...