27 Jun, 2012
Join me at CBC’s Play Day!
What better way to celebrate the last day of school than with a day of play?
On Thursday June 28 I’m going to be participating in CBC’s first annual Play Day between 3-6 pm during All in a Day. Come join me, along with a whole bunch of other fun folks on Sparks Street between Bank & O’Connor right in front of the CBC building.
I encourage you to bring your kids, although this event is not just for the little people. No sirree. Coming down from the Hill? A hard day at work? This is your opportunity to release your inner child, blow off some steam, show-off your mad hopscotch skillz and maybe get on the radio. :)
There is ALL KINDS of fantastic old skool play planned, including:
- Giant games of chess, checkers and Connect Four (!!)
- Hooping! A hooping expert from the Dovercourt will be on hand to teach some tricks and there’ll be lots of hoops available for people who want to take them for a spin.
- Skipping! With long ropes and short ones. Sing us your skipping songs! (As I did on the radio yesterday, ack!) Miss Mary Mack Mack Mack, all dressed in black, black black…
- A giant hopscotch game from the Parent Resource Centre
- Traditional Aboriginal games from the Wabano Centre
- Stilts (c’mon, I know you’ve always wanted to try them out)
The Nepean Museum will be there in costume with some old-fashioned games like ball-and-cup and Jacob’s ladder, and there will be music and a bunch of kid-friendly instruments to try as well. There will be something for everyone, for the young and the young at heart. And it’s all free.
Join us! It’s going to be a hoot. Perhaps we can convince Alan Neal to try some games too? I would love to see him jump rope, wouldn’t you?
Thank you CBC, for taking the initiative. What a great way to remind us all how important it is to make time for play. And thank you as well for inviting me to be part of it and helping us start the summer off right. :)
- >How to play hopscotch Supplies needed: chalk or sidewalk paint, stones/bottlecaps or bean bags....
- >Rummoli I want to spend a couple of posts talking about...
- >A note to my circus girls Dear Emma and Sarah - I want to clear the...
- >Let the (driveway) games begin! I love the creative things my kids come up with...