05 Jun, 2012
Welcoming a new patron: the Ottawa Marriott
I am very pleased to welcome the Ottawa Marriott as the newest Fishbowl patron.
Regular readers may remember the epic stay we had at the Marriott last summer. (Part one is here, part two is here.) It was such a fantastic staycation that I seriously considered booking a room for myself and calling it “Mum’s Writing Retreat Weekend”… although my real reason for doing so admittedly would have been to get a little more solo time in this bed:
I have not given up on that idea yet.
Whenever anyone asks me to recommend an Ottawa-area hotel, the Marriott is the first one that comes to mind. This is why:
- 1. The Ottawa Marriott is a modern 4-diamond hotel, but not in a snooty or “don’t touch the artwork” kind of way. This place is immensely welcoming, accessible and friendly.
- 2. The service is great; attentive and kid-friendly. I really appreciate the fact that they do whatever they can to make it easier for the parents.
- 3. It’s clean.
- 4. It’s very well situated at the confluence of Sparks and Kent; a few steps away from Wellington and a stone’s throw from Parliament Hill. (If you’re keen to be near the action in the Market, don’t fear. It’s not far, and it’s an incredibly picturesque walk. You will love it. I swear.)
- 5. The Raspberry Mojitos at Spin Kitchen are divine. And the food is good too. ;)
There is also a neat little Kids’ Zone at the Marriott as well as a pool and sauna, and most importantly, an on-site Starbucks and free in-room WiFi on weekends.
Summer weekend rates start at $109. This is a great deal for a downtown hotel! And guess what? If you act quickly you might be able to win a free weekend stay! Check out the Ottawa Marriott’s Facebook page for your chance to win. The draw is on Wednesday and there’s one every month.
Thank you Ottawa Marriott, for your support and patronage! It is much appreciated, and I look forward to another mini-staycation soon. Or a mojito. ;)
- >Ottawa Attractions: a bit about a hotel in Ottawa Ottawa is a great city for kids and families, and...
- >Welcoming a new patron: The Ambassador Hotel in Kingston We're always on the lookout for great family travel deals...
- >Ottawa attractions: a peek inside Parliament Hill I was trying to think of a clever tourist slogan...
- >A peek inside Ottawa Race Weekend Emma and Sarah both ran the Kids 1K this morning....