11 Apr, 2012
Today is a special day, and then some
Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life
My brain overfloweth.
I’ve had so many things on my mind lately, work/home/life, and midway through Easter I succumbed to some kind of weird bug that has been sucking the life out of me ever since. Suffice it to say that I do not have time to be sick.
But Easter, Easter was peaceful. Part of our weekend included a pretty walk around Lime Kiln Trail (which I previously wrote about here) and I’d like to take a moment to savour the tranquility of that moment:
Tranquility time is over. These are a few of the Biggies taking up space in my brain right now:
1) We hired a builder for our reno yesterday (I love him to bits, more about that later) and now we are frantically trying to find an inexpensive place to live near by. Two places I was hoping for (both of which were pretty much perfect) fell through. One was an unfurnished home a block away, we could have moved in AND stored our furniture in there. I will be riding the phones today looking for a place. Move date: MAY 1. Yes. You read that right. I AM CRAZY.
First I need to figure out: is it cheaper to get an unfurnished 2-bedroom (and obtain storage on top of that), or just rent an unfurnished house and use that to store all of our stuff? Ugh. My brain is hurting already.
2) And this should have been #1 because it’s #1 in my heart, but it’s my baby’s birthday today. And she’s 11. ELEVEN. How can this be possible? I thought everything was ready - party arranged, gifts purchased and mostly wrapped - but this morning she reminded me that I’d promised she could bring cupcakes to school. So, sickly and bleary eyed and reeking of Scope - only occasionally hacking up a lung - I drove to the grocery store to buy the cupcakes. I was practically the only one in the store. As I made my way to the baking aisle I panicked because I didn’t see any cupcakes. As I searched I tried to rationalize the purchase of buying some birthday cheese and crackers instead. But there they were; 12 chocolate, 12 vanilla. I should have bought some fruit too but I wasn’t thinking straight. As I juggled my purchases on the way back to the car I was tempted to tweet something akin to “MOM FAIL,” but thought better of it. So what if I forgot the cupcakes. I’m not perfect, and I’m doing ok.
More about ALL of this later. I’ve got a to do list that’s about ten feet long!
- >Best Easter moment It was pre-coffee. Mark misspoke and said "Easter Buggy" instead...
- >A bit about today, a bit about tomorrow We had visitors today. The grownups sat around and attempted...
- >I’m sick. Again. And I feel like a big mess. I've got a cold, perhaps my third (?) since September....
- >Ruminating about 37 The other day I met someone who didn't know what...