15 Dec, 2011
Advent activity #5 - sappy things and sweet things
Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy
I will spare you the gory details of how we obtained our Christmas tree. We went to a cut-your-own tree farm and had a rather mediocre experience. As Mark pointed out, it would have been much nicer had it been a snowy wonderland instead of a slog through muddy fields. Or perhaps my expectations were a little too high?
At least Piper had a good time. She is a pretty happy dog, no matter what.
Anyway, yes, we got a tree, and it’s a pretty little tree, despite all the trouble we went through to to get it.
Our advent activity was to set it up, and as a bonus, it was followed by cupcakes from The Cupcake Lounge that we enjoyed by the “fire.”
I chose vanilla, and it was pretty darn good, but I secretly regret not trying the gingerbread.
Apparently Chocolate Chocolate was a good choice:
This year I was more than happy to sit with a Bailey’s and watch the girls decorate. And it turned out quite well.
Also worthy of note, Emma doesn’t need a stepstool to reach the top.
Note to self:
- Buy more lights for the tree, and make sure they’re pretty and warm, not blindness-inducing LEDs. (Who decided that orange was a Christmas colour anyway??)
- Next time, cupcakes should be accompanied by a good cider or nog! :)
This post is part of my 25 days of Christmas advent activities (although I’m actually doing only 12 this year). You can read more about the countdown calendar idea here.
- >Family Advent Days 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 I secretly fear that one day I'm going to be...
- >The 2012 edition of the Fishbowl Family Advent Calendar a.k.a. 25 days of Christmas Here we are again! Fa...
- >Advent activity #1 - a different kind of Christmas tree decorating Awhile back I received an email from Cascades, a packaging...
- >Activities for your family advent calendar Subtitle: Because memories last longer than a sugar high. I've...