24 Nov, 2011
A thank you and a wee giveaway
There’s been an important update! See update below!
Judging by the crickets in the comments on my recent post about the Extra Helping you’d think that there was no action in terms of new subscribers, but LO, there has been. Thank you to all you new folks who quietly subscribed. You sneaky quiet people! It’s hard to know what you’re up to! :)
As a thank you I’m giving away TWO gift certificates for a one hour massage with Lorrie Douthwright, RMT at Back in Balance here in Westboro. I wrote about her in a past issue of the Extra Helping. To summarize: She’s a wonder.
I have terrible posture, which is made worse by the fact that (a) I spend a lot of time hunched over my computer and (b) carry my stress around in my shoulders. Lorrie, a regular Fishbowl reader, was kind enough to give me a gift certificate earlier this summer. It took me MONTHS to redeem it (isn’t that sad?) but when I did, oy, it was fantastic. I WAS A LUMP OF DOUGH IN HER MAGICAL HANDS. Whether you get massages regularly or are a newbie, you will really like Lorrie. She’s a totally regular person, a mom of two school-age kids, who is very friendly and approachable and works hard to make you feel comfortable. I walked home feeling happy, limber, and stress-free. (For a change. Ha.)
Want to win one of the gift certificates? YES YOU DO. You deserve this! Or you maybe know someone who would like this too? (HELLO CHRISTMAS GIFT.)
- I’m giving one gift certificate away to one person who comments below, and another gift certificate to one Extra Helping subscriber. Is your name down in both places? No problem, it just means you have double the chance of winning. (By the way you can subscribe here if you’re keen.)
Some other details:
- This giveaway is open to anyone residing in the Ottawa area but is void in Quebec. (Here’s why.)
- A maximum of two entries per family please (one in the comments and one as a newsletter subscriber). We want lots of people to have the opportunity to win.
- Let me know if you can’t post your comment here or are unable to sign up for the newsletter. My email is andrea AT quietfish DOT com … however I cannot be responsible if your entry is misdirected or gets stuck in my Spam folder.
- I will do a random draw of (a) the comments below and (b) Extra Helping subscribers on Thursday December 1, 2011 at noon and contact the winners via email. It is entirely possible that one person can win both gift certificates!
- I will mail the gift certificate to each of the winners in a timely fashion.
- Update! Lorrie tells me that anyone who comments on this post will get $10 off a 60-minute massage when they book with her in January and February 2012. Thank you Lorrie!
That’s it! Over to you. Thank you Lorrie for these gift certificates too. Yay!
- >An Extra Helping, just for you A few of you are already in on the...
- >An Ottawa giveaway from 4Cats Arts Studio Entries are closed. We have a winner! Woot! I've written...
- >Extending Extra Helping signup & giveaway I'm rushing around like a crazed chicken trying to prep...
- >Ottawa Giveaway Alert: Lilac gives you hot fuschia for Valentine’s Fishbowl patron Lilac Lingerie really hopes that you get what you...