29 Jun, 2011
For some a win, a loss for others
Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Westboro
I am angry and sad this morning, but for legal reasons I am actually nervous to write about it here (a first for me) so I am keeping this short.
Some of you know what my feelings are about some Westboro-area developments such as Ashcroft’s convent (Avenue Q for Quagmire!). There has been an update today and it’s all rather unfortunate. I’m feeling an imminent sense of dread and it’s making my stomach curdle.
I’m only mentioning it here because it’s such a big part of who I am and because some people will be looking here for a response, and this is all I can give right now. I will however provide a link to a recent news story about it and will post links to other places as they are published. For what it’s worth I won’t be doing media interviews about this. Sorry.
As for the rest of you, feel free to leave your comments.
Edited to add:
- Here’s the statement from the Westboro Community Association
- … and from the Hampton Iona Community Group
- >If you live in Westboro you’ll want to listen up for a sec Westboro residents know that this neighborhood is a fantastic place...
- >Update in the Citizen Controversial building one step closer to preservation - Architect Barry...
- >Shaking things up and bringing some ugly to Westboro!* I am on the board of my local community association....
- >When does Westboro development become an overdeveloped mess? This post does not reflect the views of the Westboro...