23 Apr, 2011
Hourly Photo: The Easter Sunday edition
Once again, that troublemaker Lara asked me whether I was planning another Hourly Photo Challenge for Easter Sunday. How could I say no?
The general idea is to take one photo every hour for the whole day (Sunday April 24). The photo has to be of whatever you happen to be doing at that time. You don’t need to be a photographer in order to participate. I know some people are shy to post their photos, but this is not a contest or competition, it’s about documenting your day in an easy and interesting way and seeing how others do the same.
Also, and I want to note, not everyone celebrates Easter, but that’s part of what I think is compelling about these hourly photo projects.
This year I’m going to suggest that everyone who participates take one photo every hour, at the top of the hour. So for example, if your kids drag you out of bed at 6:25 a.m., your first photo will be at 7:00 a.m., then 8:00 a.m. and so on. End when it gets tiresome, or too dark to see. :)
Here is how it works:
- Use whatever camera or mobile device you prefer. I’m using in iPhone, because it’s easy and I can upload as I go.
- Post them to your blog and/or your photosharing site as you are able. Just make sure you let us know in the comments below where you’re posting them so we can all have a look.
- If you’re tweeting them out, use #hourlyphoto so others can follow along. Tag them with “hourlyphoto” on Flickr too, so they’re findable that way too.
Here’s a tip, if you have a mobile phone with an alarm clock set it for one minute before the hour i.e. at 7:59, 8:59 etc. Not only is this a great reminder, but it will give you a solid minute to get your camera ready and snap The Thing You Happened To Be Doing.
Please consider playing along! It’s really interesting to see what other people are doing at the same time you are. (Um, that is, if in the same time zone, but if not, that’s okay too.)
Also: it’s not a problem if you can’t upload as you go. Upload in batches when you have the chance. Or even the next day. Whatever!
I hope you join me! I always enjoy seeing what you come up with. :)
- >Hourly Photo Challenge: December 25, 2011 The Hourly Photo Challenge is just that. You, me, and...
- >Hourly photo strikes again! What will your Monday look like? #10photos I think I started something. For the past few years...
- >Hourly photo project: Christmas Day 2010 Lara asked me if I was going to undertake another...
- >12/12/12 - the Ultimate Hourlyphoto Challenge Since tomorrow will be the 12th day of the 12th...