10 Aug, 2007
Lantern making - with photos!
This is a very kid-friendly DIY kind of project. Seriously, anyone can do this.
- one old Mason jar or jam jar (it must be glass!)
- cover with glue
- cover with tissue paper
- let dry
- add wire handle, a stub of a candle, and you’ve got a right purty lantern of your very own!
As you can see by the photos, we’ve been busy.
Edited to add: the lanterns are dry, and they look fantastic! Just make sure you make a handle that is long enough. The ones pictured above are a twee bit short and will need lengthing in time for tomorrow.
Here’s a pic of the finished product!
We are all pretty proud of the results. Have you made one? Let me know in the comments below.
- >Start your New Year off with a twinkle I'm writing about a neat tin can lantern craft over...
- >We are lighting up the night We are still away, en route home from our camping...
- >I hate it when unfinished projects haunt me Edited to add: Instructions for the sock dog are available...
- >author author Emma dictated and illustrated her own little storybook. I typed...